Unforseen consequence of LFG tool

#0 - Dec. 10, 2009, 12:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have been active on the ptr for a while now, and only now on live have i finally seen a trend happening with tanks.

With zero reason to give a dam about the healer and the group, they are becoming more brazen and cocky.

Three seperate ICC 5 mans ive run with tanks that couldnt care less about me sitting down to drink, whether im dead or not, or even if im taking damage.

Why would they care anyway? They would see me once every few WEEKS or even MONTHS! There is absolutely no reason to care. They dont have to deal with the retribution of the server they are on.

If i consistantly do a terrible job of healing on my own server, i have to deal with my guild, my friends and the rest of the server knowing that - and i have to play with them every day.

Using the LFG tool if i decide to only heal the tank exclusively and the dps constantly die because i let them... the dps couldnt do a single thing about it other than bad mouth me and leave the group. Best case scenario they use up an ignore slot and never group with me again.

And keep using up their ignore slots for all the people who do the same as i did.
#6 - Dec. 10, 2009, 12:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We just talked about this around the office and decided we should try vote kicking and as the reason list "Healer OOM. Let's get a new one with a full bar."

I joke, but it's definitely interesting to see the outcome. I said long ago that we knew features like this (and dual spec for that matter) were going to change the game in ways that would be difficult to predict. Some of us were talking about how the ease for forming groups now might actually throw up a barrier to socialization. Why be nice to someone when you won't ever have to group with them again? Why form a guild when you don't need one to run dungeons?