Vashj'ir...

#1 - Dec. 7, 2010, 5:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Great zone OR greatest zone? Discuss.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Dec. 7, 2010, 7:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Although the thought of deep water will typically make me squish my face in discomfort and yearn to cuddle a stuffed animal from my childhood, I decided to take the proverbial plunge and head to Vashj'ir for my initial leveling experience in Cataclysm. It was bracing at first, but it certainly grew on me...like a fledgling kelp frond taking root in the fertile sands of a vast and majestic ocean floor.

...Bad analogies aside, I can't wait to get back and finish up the final quests. :)

Now, I had a groovy time, but the play style may not be for everyone -- and that's okay. My personal advice, though, would be to withhold final judgment on whether or not you like Vashj'ir until you've actually experienced the zone and had the opportunity to explore the environment in full. While I know there's a stigma associated with underwater zones, our designers have worked incredibly hard to overcome those hurdles and ensure that all the critical elements of gameplay (leveling, combat, exploration, etc.) are still enjoyable 20,000 leagues under. In fact, a plethora of new mechanics and questing methodologies were developed specifically for this zone.

Of course, in the end, you may not feel that we were successful in our endeavor, but it's important that you come to that conclusion yourself. Hopefully, it'll be a much more rewarding experience for you and, in turn, will lead to more meaningful feedback for us. Nahmean?

(P.S. - I have a seapony. I've named him Jim.)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#21 - Dec. 7, 2010, 7:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Can someone tell me how you pronounce this zone name???

Honestly.

I personally pronounce it "vaash-ear" (or "vasch-ear"), with a slight twist on the "sh" to account for the "j."