The *real* reason Val'anyr will remain 245.

#0 - Dec. 12, 2009, 7:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Love 'em or hate 'em, it looks like Blizzard is leaving our "beloved" healing legendary with its current itemlevel of 245.

I posit that the *real* reason Val'anyr was not retrofitted with an appropriate amount of spell power is directly attributable to the fact that it is still attainable in Ulduar - an instance now two full tiers behind the curve.

Blizzard is already criticized enough as it is for making gear "too easy" to obtain after having released the joke of an instance that is normal Trial of the Crusader. How much more ammunition would the community have to fire if an item level 264 legendary was available from 226 content?

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see my mace upgraded to 264, but I just don't see it happening.

Edit: Let me add, that it is an unpleasant experience to bag/bank an item you worked for 2months+ to build - especially before the expansion it was released in is over.
#14 - Dec. 12, 2009, 8:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Legendaries are not intended to be the last weapon you'll ever need. WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff.