PW: shield = vote kick?

#0 - Dec. 15, 2009, 2:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
i was vote kicked from a 5 man for trying to keep PW:shield up on the tank and used it on dps that pulled agro. i was even called a noob... i just said but im a disc healer /shrug but i was healing a nother pug in like 5 sec. did hos in 25 mins with no deaths and never droped below 50% mana.

i am new to disc but after looking at my build i was thinking that i shod be useing PW: shield.

at the start of every pull i put PW:shield and PoM on the tank and keep PoM and PW:shield up and fill with Flash heal and the spell that starts with a P... cant rember what its call
is this not the right way to be doing things...

oh and i do use renew some as well i till thow it on some DPS that got some AOE dam
#57 - Dec. 16, 2009, 12:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If a group is getting on to you for using PW:Shield as a Discipline priest (or jeez even a Holy priest), you have my permission to say "GC says you're doing it wrong."

Maybe the warrior thought you were "rage starving" him or her.
#92 - Dec. 16, 2009, 9:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Don't worry about them. Damage mitigation is a very powerful tool for Discipline priests. The problem is that there is still a population of people who do not understand how effective it is to prevent damage versus just healing it. What they see is that you're not expending a ton of mana and they aren't seeing big heals despite the fact that their health isn't significantly going down. Currently, there is no real effective way for people to see the numbers to compare on some meter like they can straight healing.

As Ghostcrawler says as well, perhaps they're operating under a false assumption that the shield hurts their ability to tank effectively based on old data in which it was not the best option available to use on a tank.
#112 - Dec. 17, 2009, 5:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If the issue is that players can't spot the work of the priest, why not make it more visible in the UI?

That is my issue/stance.

We would love to make this more visible, but it's not a very simple matter unfortunately, and it's a technical challenge to overcome. We're looking into ways to make this work and get it in, but it won't be any time soon.