Vanish needs its improved stealth back.

#0 - Nov. 12, 2010, 2 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is my main. Yes, I have a rogue, but he just hit 80 and I have nowhere near the investment in the class as I have with hunters.

Vanish, when it worked, pre-4.0.1 did what it was supposed to: let the rogue escape. Now that they've fixed Vanish so that it actually goes off, it's no longer an escape, for the most part.

Rogues are as annoying to me as to anyone, but it just feels wrong to see the rogue "Vanish" in a puff of smoke, only to still be clearly visible and able to be 'Marked(after CloS fades,) etc.

The one way I've seen rogues effectively use Vanish that works fairly consistently is to burn Vanish along with CloS *and* Sprint, to have a chance to get out of stealth detect range before Vanish fades.
#33 - Nov. 12, 2010, 5:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Vanish should drop target when used, entering an improved stealth.

This is correct, provided you aren't using Hunter's Mark or some kind of "I still see you, dude" ability. If you have a rogue targeted, and they Vanish, you should lose your target.

This is the case in beta as far as we know. There are some situations on live where it does not work, but they are all fixed in beta and therefore will be fixed when the Shattering occurs.

As I said before, make sure when you're reporting a bug that it is a legit bug and not "I wish Vanish made me immune to spells because that was cool when it worked even though it didn't work often."

EDIT: Faerie Fire should prevent you from using Vanish. If you use Cloak of Shadows to remove Faerie Fire, you should then be able to Vanish. It should not make you waste the Vanish cooldown and it should not let you Vanish but let the druid still see you.
#45 - Nov. 12, 2010, 7:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
vanish removes hunter's mark yo
jus sayin that the first sentence doesn't make any sense

We have changed this (Hunter's Mark behavior) back and forth quite a bit, so I'm not comfortable at this point saying one way or the other. Excluding a few cases like this though, Vanish should work as described above.