Hi GC, have I got my point across yet?

#0 - Oct. 30, 2008, 9:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Or should I keep making class specific threads?

Seriously, you know it's going to happen.. like you said when a certain class makes a thread in their class forums, it becomes a pity party right?

Well think of it this way, let's say they discuss "Hunter dps only" or something to that extent.. other classes will be flamed off if they try to "poke their head in" so to speak.
#15 - Oct. 30, 2008, 9:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Class specific threads are fine. We expect to see a lot of them. If a mage has nothing to contribute to a discussion of shield mechanics, they don't have to read or post in that thread. The same is already true today. Which bucket a particular thread exists in shouldn't affect its content.

The difference is now a player *might* want to read a thread they see that could interest them. If the forums were too finely divided before, they might not ever see it.

Take the extreme case -- forums for each spec, or perhaps even to the point of Moonkin Druid PvP and Moonkin Druid PvE. How would you find information there?

Look at the way the EJ forums are set up -- they virtually have a single thread on a class. Now they moderate probably more strictly than we could get away with, but the information is still easy to find.

There are multiple ways to divide up data. Some people have all of their docs on a computer in discrete folders and some lump them all together. Both ways have their merits. We want to try this way for a while.