Please don't leave us, resto druids.

#0 - Oct. 30, 2008, 10:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post

One of our most powerful resto druid in the guild, recently respec'ed boomkin and refuses to go back to healing, the reasoning he has is "resto druids are useless after the patch. CoH and chain heal covers em all." well, I personally think his secret urge to be a boomkin helping the decision but still, he claims that retroactive heals mean nothing for the raid.

There are numbers of occasions that we DO need retroactive heals like rejv and lifebloom etc - continuing AOE damage, AOE silence, lots of raid movements I mean countless occasions. The game mechanics needs resto druids.

My question and opinion I would like to get, is how do I prove my point? and how do i convince him to be back to resto druid without me forcing him. The guild needs him tho. Of course, I can just recruit one resto druid and done with it - but I really believe his reasoning is somewhat, wrong. I would like him to realize resto druids are one of the most powerful healing class already, and should really not decide whether your class is OP'ed or nerfed.

For a longest time I did not choose CoH build only because guild wanted to have a tad of spelldmg buff from imp spirit. I was practically useless for the longest time. I could downgrade my spell to heal like pally does, but wasn't really utilizing the potential of my class, but well - raid needed me to be that way so I told all other priest to be CoH and I took the bitter pill.

awww.... uh.. I wanted this to be constructed question but I guess I am kinda QQing - but It would be very sad for him to go boomkin - after all that gearing up and help from the guild, I need him to stay resto.

Am I a selfish bastard? or is there any way for me to convince him otherwise.

Thanks.

***PS : English is not my first language - sorry for the spell / grammar errors.***
#1 - Oct. 30, 2008, 10:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think part of it is that Resto was a good spec and Boomkin generally was not. We got Boomkin up to being a "real" dps class now, so it might look all bright and shiny to long-time druids now. We have seem similar phenomena with paladins going Ret and warriors going Prot. Basically specs that were changed a lot feel exciting.

My prediction is that once things settle down, the community will have a better feeling for how balance is really shaping up based more on experience and less on theorycrafting (not that there's anything wrong with theorycrafting). Your friend might come back if he or she sees Restos doing competitive healing. Or Balance just might prove fun. :)