I think you failed on your warrior goals

#0 - Oct. 30, 2008, 10:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Revised
Keep in mind this is mostly from a pvp perspective.

Q u o t e:

#1-- Make sure they could tank a normal 5-player dungeon
#1 -- Dunno have not tried I only pvp their for my only solid spec is protection
Arms and Fury can tank 5-player dungeons fine. The Shield Slam change alone helped a lot here.

(that is great to hear)

Q u o t e:

#2-- Give them both viable PvE and PvP roles
#2 Arms = pve Fury = total fail Protection = Success

You offered almost no detail here. Both Arms and Fury are mobile in PvP and bring the MS debuff. Both of them can do great PvE damage. What's the issue?

>----->(Mobility) ========(Snare removal upon charge/intercept)======(Warbringer)<------
Were not asking for warbringer to be made baseline but at least allow intercept to remove snares without the talent.

Arms could also use some more haste from blood frenzy since you nerfed our overall white burst with the Enrage nerf

Fury lacks survivability plain and simple the 10% more damage taken while in berserker stance simply cannot be ignored any longer and is in dire need of being reduced to 5%

Q u o t e:

#3-- Make the Arms tree about something other than Mortal Strike
#3 Hello sudden Death "RNG IS BAD" - Bleed effects " Both are useless in pvp MS is still king"

Arms definitely cares about Deep Wounds and Execute now. Overpower perhaps a little less. I totally disagree they are useless in PvP.

(Ok I concede to you on this one they are not usless they are just not very useful do to the warrior having no control over them Rng is still a bad machanic when it comes to dealing needed damage specially in pvp when it requires the damage be dealt at the right time)

Q u o t e:

#4-- Make Battle Stance a little sexier
#4 Nice start but is still lacking (give us ability to consume bleed effect turning it into instant damage)

It's definitely better than it used to be. Could we do more with it? We're not sure yet.

(Arms lacks instant attacks that are not RNG Based ability to consume bleed effects would be ideal when Ms is on cooldown)

Q u o t e:

#5-- Make sure mobilty didn't just belong to one spec
#5 Pure fail "mobility is a 41 point talent located in the protection tree called Warbringer)

Warbringer is great (despite a ton of QQ when we first implemented the talent). But Arms and Fury still have Charge, Intercept and Intervene. I am sad we couldn't make Heroic Leap work.

( I do not care about Heroic Leap But intercept at the very least needs to remove Snares as a baseline effect)

Q u o t e:

#6-- Try and get warriors to care more about plate
#6 Plate is still useless unless your a tank (when it reduces incoming magic damage I will care)

I think the jury is out here. The goal wasn't to prevent warriors from wearing leather. It was to make plate more attractive, which I feel like we've done.

( Ok I can live with that)

Q u o t e:

#7-- Make warriors a little less reliant on "pocket healers"
#7 woohoo Ive got a built in bandage on a 3 minute cooldown "make the heal instant"

If you don't want the healing, don't push the button. :)

( I want healing very badly but you kind of made life undesirable for healers (another major reason majority of pvp warriors went prot ) "we got to survive somehow"

Oh and sorry for coming off sounding so rude the first time I posted it was not my intention but I have been reading the Beta forums for the last month unable to respond or give any input.

I've been playing this character since november 2004 and I guess I should be happy that with this expansion I at least have 1 talent tree that is not getting completely decimated by every other class in. pvp

Oh and 1 more thing

Was it your intent that raiding warriors bypass Enrage ? because I am sure you have noticed.
#4 - Oct. 30, 2008, 11:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Most of your complaints don't have a lot to do with what we said the goals were. You just don't necessarily like the changes we made. Let's look at them in detail.

Q u o t e:
#1-- Make sure they could tank a normal 5-player dungeon
#1 -- Dunno have not tried I only pvp their for my only solid spec is protection

Arms and Fury can tank 5-player dungeons fine. The Shield Slam change alone helped a lot here.

Q u o t e:
#2-- Give them both viable PvE and PvP roles
#2 Arms = pve Fury = total fail Protection = Success

You offered almost no detail here. Both Arms and Fury are mobile in PvP and bring the MS debuff. Both of them can do great PvE damage. What's the issue?

Q u o t e:
#3-- Make the Arms tree about something other than Mortal Strike
#3 Hello sudden Death "RNG IS BAD" - Bleed effects " Both are useless in pvp MS is still king"

Arms definitely cares about Deep Wounds and Execute now. Overpower perhaps a little less. I totally disagree they are useless in PvP.

Q u o t e:
#4-- Make Battle Stance a little sexier
#4 Nice start but is still lacking (give us ability to consume bleed effect turning it into instant damage)

It's definitely better than it used to be. Could we do more with it? We're not sure yet.

Q u o t e:
#5-- Make sure mobilty didn't just belong to one spec
#5 Pure fail "mobility is a 41 point talent located in the protection tree called Warbringer)

Warbringer is great (despite a ton of QQ when we first implemented the talent). But Arms and Fury still have Charge, Intercept and Intervene. I am sad we couldn't make Heroic Leap work.

Q u o t e:
#6-- Try and get warriors to care more about plate
#6 Plate is still useless unless your a tank (when it reduces incoming magic damage I will care)

I think the jury is out here. The goal wasn't to prevent warriors from wearing leather. It was to make plate more attractive, which I feel like we've done.

Q u o t e:
#7-- Make warriors a little less reliant on "pocket healers"
#7 woohoo Ive got a built in bandage on a 3 minute cooldown "make the heal instant"

If you don't want the healing, don't push the button. :)

#57 - Oct. 31, 2008, 7:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm not a GM, and you should listen to what other warriors in the thread are saying. When you say WE ARE TERRIBLE and someone else (who seems to have some knowledge of the class and isn't just a dumb troll) comes in and says NO, WE REALLY AREN'T you might want to see what they have to say instead of just responding NO BLIZZARD PLZ BUFF.