A Simple Re-quest COMPLETED and SOLVED

#0 - Nov. 2, 2008, 2:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I did some testing and with other forum posters help have solved the mystery of a simple re-quest.

A list of facts:

You do NOT need to complete the same daily every day. For instance, my first quest on day 5 that got me the achievement, was a daily I had only done 2 times, and I did not do it at all on day 4.

Cooking, fishing, etc work fine and actually will give you credit for the quest!!!

Running instances and raids have no affect on this achievement. On day 3 I did both Kara and ZA.

Doing the headless horseman has no affect on this...I did the headless horseman during several of the 5 days.

Do NOT do BG's during the time you are attempting to complete this. It has been reported and verified to reset the counter on this quest. I have not confirmed this personally, but I avoided BG's while completing this. Doing BG's after finishing the achievement seems to be fine. I did the AV daily after I was already at 5/5 and am still there.

HERE is the only thing that will reset this as far as I have found....the 24 hour timer.

From the moment you do your first daily and get the 1/5 mark, you have 24 hours to complete the next daily...
If you do another daily during the same server day (which runs 3am to 3 am I think...when the dailies reset), you will not get another mark, but you will reset that 24 hour timer...and thus have 24 hours from then to complete the next daily...
Every daily you do, no matter what time of the day, resets that 24 hour timer...
You get credit (ie 1/5, 3/5) for the first daily you do on a new sever day, but this is independent of the 24 hour timer...no matter what you have to keep doing dailies within 24 hours of the last one to keep going.

Some examples:

If you do skettis bombing at 10AM you will get 1/5...you then do fishing at 8 PM (resetting the 24 hour timer)...still 1/5....next day you do cooking at 11 AM...you will get 2/5

If you do skettis bombing at 10AM you will get 1/5...next day you do cooking at 11 AM....you will still be at 1/5 because it has been more than 24 hours since your last daily and it reset to 0/5

If you do skettis bombing at 10AM you will get 1/5...next day you do cooking at 9AM...you will get 2/5 because it was only 23 hours since your last one.

The assured way of doing this is do at least one daily (any daily) in the AM and at least one daily in the PM every day for 5 days, and the achievement will be YOURS!!!
#5 - Nov. 3, 2008, 6:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Tigole posted it's a BG issue a couple days ago: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=12065190257&sid=1

And it will be fixed soon too.
#8 - Nov. 3, 2008, 7:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Its not just a BG issue, I don't do BGs and I had issues with it as well.

Did you do any Arena games by chance?