New Forums? Quality of post

#0 - Nov. 4, 2010, 10:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm curious. The new community site is being developed. What is being done to improve the quality of player most. The forums right now are often riddled with ridiculous trolling in both new threads and in response to threads. I'm sure this threat will be trolled but I am still curious
#6 - Nov. 4, 2010, 11:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm curious. The new community site is being developed. What is being done to improve the quality of player most. The forums right now are often riddled with ridiculous trolling in both new threads and in response to threads. I'm sure this threat will be trolled but I am still curious

These new forums will be available "soonerino" and I'm glad you asked. While we obviously can't mind control everyone or force anyone to make certain sorts of posts, we CAN encourage you all to report those that violate the forum Code of Conduct AND we can also encourage you all to uprate or downrate posts you like or don't like. By doing so, you can bring to light the posts you see as better quality or help hide the ones you feel just don't cut it. Keep in mind though, it's just a tool to be used, and it's up to you all to use it.
#99 - Nov. 5, 2010, 12:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I KNEW IT!
/tinfoil hat

They're trying to mind control us!
Neth just admitted it!

Yes, but the tinfoil hats keep foiling our attempts.

As for the upranking/downranking, let's see how it goes. We are able to adjust (as needed) the amount of uprankings or downrankings before something is a "hot" topic or is "hidden." Though, again, it's just one tool of many. It's up to you all to help the moderation team by reporting things that need moderated.

Aside from that... you will learn as of yet where "soonerino" fits into the great "soon" timetable. ;)