So enough yet with the BS unbalance 1-60?

#0 - Nov. 3, 2010, 12:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Rogues can 1-2 shot prot warriors? Seriously? It's never been this bad. Blizzard might as well just remove the seperate twink queue because it doesn't matter anymore. How can anyone enjoy leveling in a BG anymore when you get killed instantly without a fight? I try to heal and you can't, they're dead before I can get anything off. They get one shotted through a shield too.

The whole argument and defense that Blizzard doesn't balance at lower levels is just stupid and a cop out. You don't have to work hard to balance it. Just make it reasonable. No one class should be able to just one shot over and over and over.

PS- and nice way to unbalance the game with the new patch. It's nice to see people trying to reinvent the wheel. It's hard to say if it will succeed.
#14 - Nov. 3, 2010, 2:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Rogues can 1-2 shot prot warriors? Seriously? It's never been this bad. Blizzard might as well just remove the seperate twink queue because it doesn't matter anymore. How can anyone enjoy leveling in a BG anymore when you get killed instantly without a fight? I try to heal and you can't, they're dead before I can get anything off. They get one shotted through a shield too.

The whole argument and defense that Blizzard doesn't balance at lower levels is just stupid and a cop out. You don't have to work hard to balance it. Just make it reasonable. No one class should be able to just one shot over and over and over.

PS- and nice way to unbalance the game with the new patch. It's nice to see people trying to reinvent the wheel. It's hard to say if it will succeed.

We do care about and actively balance at lower levels. Our goal is to make the game as fun and balanced at possible at all levels, however, greater scrutiny from a design standpoint, as well as by the whole community, is placed on the end game. From a perspective of a systems designer, the end game as of patch 4.0.1 is now level 85.

That said, we will be making several balancing changes in patch 4.0.3a based on what we've been seeing since patch 4.0.1. With regard to lower level players, we plan to adjust damage and healing for all classes from levels 1-79. The base points of almost all spells and abilities are being reduced in order to bring combat times at low levels to a more acceptable length. Some specific spells/abilities are being reduced in damage even more, and in the case of most abilities that deal weapon damage, we're going to make the damage percent scale with level. So as an example, Sinister Strike is currently planned to do 42% weapon damage at level 1, with the percentage of weapon damage rising per level up to its maximum potential at 80.

Finally, next time you post here, could you find a way to be a little more decent? We'd certainly appreciate it. :)
#27 - Nov. 3, 2010, 3:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Just be aware that this is also going to affect the speed of leveling in PVE.

It's actually largely geared toward PvE fight length as well.
#34 - Nov. 3, 2010, 3:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So once again the pvp side crys and the pve side gets bent over and has to take it again

Just to clarify, when I was referring to fight length, I was almost exclusively referring to PvE encounters. I'm bringing these changes up because they should address a few of the original poster's concerns, but they're not exclusive PvP balancing changes. The issues lower level players are experiencing in PvP are also issues we're seeing with PvE fights and leveling.