Invasion Quest Order

#0 - Nov. 1, 2010, 1:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just thought I'd pop this up here for anyone that might be confused or lost! I've run through the Alliance version a few times now and will be doing the Horde shortly. According to wowhead's great website it appears the order of the quests should be identical, but of course the locations/npcs are probably different, so I'll update those shortly.

Alliance:

1) You can start with the Earthen Ring Emissary just outside the bank in IF if you want, but the breadcrumb didn't appear to offer any XP.

2) You'll be sent to SW to talk with Erunak Stonespeaker to turn in the breadcrumb (outside the bank); if you didn't get the breadcrumb, your quests start here. He'll give you a quest to go talk with Gavan Greyfeather in SW Keep.

3) Turn in Gavan quest (no follow-up) and run to Anton nearby; he gives you Prophecies of Doom, then Signs of the Times, then finally Infiltrating the Cult & The Missing together: do not forget to pick up your Cultist outfit before heading out of SW! Don outfit.

4) You'll go to the Cultist camp in Elwynn and complete the Missing quest. Pick up the quest from the quest giver there and then be sure to click on the icon next to the quest to wear your placard. Run to Westbrook Garrison, Goldshire, and then the Valley of Heroes - you'll 'warn' people as you ride through.

5) Return to Cultist quest giver in Elwynn, as her next quest will send you back to Anton.

6) Return to Anton, turn in quests. He'll give you [Thwarting Twilight's Hammer] to destroy those hourglass-shaped objects scattered throughout SW. Be sure to replace your chest piece now. Destroy objects, fight level-appropriate elementals that spawn, return to Anton.

7) Warn Varian.

Horde:

Alliance:

1) You can start with the Earthen Ring Emissary just outside the bank in TB if you want, but the breadcrumb didn't appear to offer any XP.

2) You'll be sent to Org to talk with Earthcaller Norsala to turn in the breadcrumb (outside the bank); if you didn't get the breadcrumb, your quests start here. He'll give you a quest to go talk with Gotura Fourwinds in Grom Hold. Note that the Horde's version of quest giver Anton (Blood Guard Torek) is not in the Hold, but rather next to Norsala - pick up the first quest!

3) Turn in Gotura quest (no follow-up)

4) Torek gives you Prophecies of Doom, then Signs of the Times, then finally Infiltrating the Cult & The Missing together: do not forget to pick up your Cultist outfit before heading out of Org! Don outfit.

4) You'll go to the Cultist camp in Durotar and complete the Missing quest. Pick up the quest from the quest giver there and then be sure to click on the icon next to the quest to wear your placard. Run to Razor Hill, the East Zepp Tower, and the West Zepp tower - you'll 'warn' people as you ride through.

5) Return to Cultist quest giver in Durotar, as her next quest will send you back to Torek.

6) Return to Torek, turn in quests. He'll give you [Thwarting Twilight's Hammer] to destroy those hourglass-shaped objects scattered throughout Org. Be sure to replace your chest piece now. Destroy objects, fight level-appropriate elementals that spawn, return to Torek.

7) Warn Garrosh.

That's where it ends for now! I'll update very soon with the Horde NPCs.

More quests are coming as the pre-event continues! For a preview, see this excellent write-up over at wowhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=cataclysm&prelaunch#twilights-cult

Just in case it gets moved off the front page, here's an excellent list of Elemental Rifts by Zone, put together by Tharyl:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27508583776&sid=1

The 'Tripping the Rifts' Achievement can be earned by shutting down one of each type of rift. More information on that can be found here in the first post on the comments section:

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4887

¸..• '¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.•' .•'¨¨)) Frejya -:¦:-
((¸¸.•' ...•' -:¦:-
#0 - Nov. 1, 2010, 9:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just thought I'd pop this up here for anyone that might be confused or lost! I've run through the Alliance version a few times now and will be doing the Horde shortly. According to wowhead's great website it appears the order of the quests should be identical, but of course the locations/npcs are probably different, so I'll update those shortly.

Alliance:

1) You can start with the Earthen Ring Emissary just outside the bank in IF if you want, but the breadcrumb didn't appear to offer any XP.

2) You'll be sent to SW to talk with Erunak Stonespeaker to turn in the breadcrumb (outside the bank); if you didn't get the breadcrumb, your quests start here. He'll give you a quest to go talk with Gavan Greyfeather in SW Keep.

3) Turn in Gavan quest (no follow-up) and run to Anton nearby; he gives you Prophecies of Doom, then Signs of the Times, then finally Infiltrating the Cult & The Missing together: do not forget to pick up your Cultist outfit before heading out of SW! Don outfit.

4) You'll go to the Cultist camp in Elwynn and complete the Missing quest. Pick up the quest from the quest giver there and then be sure to click on the icon next to the quest to wear your placard. Run to Westbrook Garrison, Goldshire, and then the Valley of Heroes - you'll 'warn' people as you ride through.

5) Return to Cultist quest giver in Elwynn, as her next quest will send you back to Anton.

6) Return to Anton, turn in quests. He'll give you [Thwarting Twilight's Hammer] to destroy those hourglass-shaped objects scattered throughout SW. Be sure to replace your chest piece now. Destroy objects, fight level-appropriate elementals that spawn, return to Anton.

7) Warn Varian.

Horde:

Alliance:

1) You can start with the Earthen Ring Emissary just outside the bank in TB if you want, but the breadcrumb didn't appear to offer any XP.

2) You'll be sent to Org to talk with Earthcaller Norsala to turn in the breadcrumb (outside the bank); if you didn't get the breadcrumb, your quests start here. He'll give you a quest to go talk with Gotura Fourwinds in Grom Hold. Note that the Horde's version of quest giver Anton (Blood Guard Torek) is not in the Hold, but rather next to Norsala - pick up the first quest!

3) Turn in Gotura quest (no follow-up)

4) Torek gives you Prophecies of Doom, then Signs of the Times, then finally Infiltrating the Cult & The Missing together: do not forget to pick up your Cultist outfit before heading out of Org! Don outfit.

4) You'll go to the Cultist camp in Durotar and complete the Missing quest. Pick up the quest from the quest giver there and then be sure to click on the icon next to the quest to wear your placard. Run to Razor Hill, the East Zepp Tower, and the West Zepp tower - you'll 'warn' people as you ride through.

5) Return to Cultist quest giver in Durotar, as her next quest will send you back to Torek.

6) Return to Torek, turn in quests. He'll give you [Thwarting Twilight's Hammer] to destroy those hourglass-shaped objects scattered throughout Org. Be sure to replace your chest piece now. Destroy objects, fight level-appropriate elementals that spawn, return to Torek.

7) Warn Garrosh.

That's where it ends for now! I'll update very soon with the Horde NPCs.

More quests are coming as the pre-event continues! For a preview, see this excellent write-up over at wowhead:

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=cataclysm&prelaunch#twilights-cult

Just in case it gets moved off the front page, here's an excellent list of Elemental Rifts by Zone, put together by Tharyl:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27508583776&sid=1

The 'Tripping the Rifts' Achievement can be earned by shutting down one of each type of rift. More information on that can be found here in the first post on the comments section:

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4887

¸..• '¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.•' .•'¨¨)) Frejya -:¦:-
((¸¸.•' ...•' -:¦:-
#30 - Nov. 1, 2010, 2:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
For the life of me I can't figure out why blizz stopped this with Tell King Wrynn, it seems empty and incomplete.

Each stage of the event will provide additional quests and grave happenings leading up to the shattering of Azeroth. The quests from previous stages will remain active throughout the course of this event.
#30 - Nov. 1, 2010, 10:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
For the life of me I can't figure out why blizz stopped this with Tell King Wrynn, it seems empty and incomplete.

Each stage of the event will provide additional quests and grave happenings leading up to the shattering of Azeroth. The quests from previous stages will remain active throughout the course of this event.