Cry more = response?

#0 - Nov. 14, 2008, 10:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I see prot pallies got a blue post, after endless whining about everything. Think you could maybe you know elaborate on the massive changes you are making to ferals? I switched mains to this guy due to the absolutely retarded itemization for ferals (see tier set, the one that should be worn by rogues). Holy pallies get itemized for one spec of one class, why can't we?

Seriously, details please - I would like to keep my feral as my main and I would like to know your plans for the class - assuming you have any, which I strongly doubt...you guys seem to be randomly changing things as you go....like right after beta ends for example.
#7 - Nov. 15, 2008, 1:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
No, it is not better. Again, would you enjoy being forced to wear DPS gear to tank. Please explain how we will compete with plate tanks when what looks like half of our item budget is going to DPS stats. Even plate tanks' threat stats like expertise and strength help with mitigation. A warriors high threat move scales with block value. The synergy existing between talents and gear is non-existent with ferals. I was feral since release and tanked with him pre-BC, I think I have a slight clue on what I am talking about.

I haven't "elaborated" on our bear plan because I don't think there is anything to discuss. I was pretty explicit about the upcoming changes to how itemization would work. We wanted to make sure that nobody was suprised so they wouldn't go through extra effort to get a +armor item that wouldn't be quite as good.

We think this is a good thing for bears overall. It isn't intended to be a nerf. I understand that you don't like the design, but that's different than asking for an explanation for the design.

Thick Hide is an example of synergy between talents and gear.

Q u o t e:
As for why I am not satisfied with 'upping the bear modifier': If they scale it to endgame gear, we will be OP in the early stages. If they do not, we will be #!%% later on. Also, the reason they are even doing this is because armor is 'so good' for us. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE FOR US TO SHOOT FOR ANYWAY. Druids will still wear the same !@%@ing gear. Choices: Armor items, +def/parry/block items, or DPS rings (when we are ALREADY WEARING ROGUE GEAR). The problem is not armor is too good the problem is we have NO ITEMS TO GO FOR. Yet we cannot get the same treatment as holy pallies.

I have made so many Feral threads that I actually chilled on it a little because there were so many cries of favoritism. But I think on reflection, and as this thread suggests, I can't win on that regard so I might as well just reply to whatever threads I want to. :)

If your Ulduar gear has more armor on it than your Naxx gear (and it does), then it scales. You still need rings, necks and trinkets with tanking stats on them. You are just free now to look at other things beyond just the bonus armor value (which is still useful BTW).

Your Dodge diminishes, but it diminishes slower than warrior Dodge, since it's all you have.

You get a huge benefit to Stamina (around 50%), so it scales very well.

We're not that worried with what Feral tanking stats will be in later raid content, but as always, if one class ends up outstripping the others, we'll compensate for it.
#10 - Nov. 15, 2008, 1:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
One quick question. I'm sure you've seen all the threads-- do you still believe bears are adequate AE tanks? Can you please answer our concerns with swipe's limitations and thorns' lack of scaling?

Thorns really isn't designed to be something like Damage Shield. That is an avenue to explore if bears started to fall behind for any reason.

I don't personally have any difficulty using Swipe (and I've tried all four AE abilities). It requires slightly more positioning to use, but not so much that I really fear that bears won't be brought on raids. Although I understand why Ferals like to downplay it, warriors do have concerns that bears will be more desired because of heals, Innervate and Rebirth. It's going to be difficult to really make everything identical, and that's not really the goal.