Stam stacking or avoidance?

#0 - Dec. 21, 2009, 9:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Every tank I inspect on my server is stacking stam. Both of the brewfest trinkets and every gem slot filled with a +30 stam gem. I'm i missing something from tanking now?
The way I see it, enchants and your gear give you enough stam to take the hits. So the gems and such should be avoidance, right? The only stam gems i have are if its stam and parry, stam and defence, stam and dodge etc.
I have 28.94% dodge, 22.24% parry, 11.92% block (when holy shield is up its 41.92%) and 31,654 hp.
Isn't that more then enough to tank any raid up at this time besides 25 ICC?
I've been kicked from 25 VoA before because I dont have 40k hp.

My question is after that, is it really THAT important to just stack stam now? I seem to be doing just fine regardless of what i'm doing and never die.
#5 - Dec. 21, 2009, 9:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm not stacking dodge, i just honestly dont see the point of completely stacking stam gems and only using the other gems so you can use your meta. You get hit once or twice, then dodge, parry, dodge, and before you get hit again your healed to full. I'd rather not get hit then take the hit with a higher health pool..

The general issue (from a player perspective) is that dodges and parries don't work very well against spells. Melee damage is large part of the damage that a tank takes, but there are spells out there and having higher health allows you to take those situations just as well as the high melee situations.