So, I wanted to level a healer...

#0 - Dec. 28, 2009, 2:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
...through this new LFG tool.

I got to level 15, and join the queue. Instantly, I get "grouped" (In that preview thingy that shows what is lacking.) with three DPS, and we need to wait for a tank. Fifteen minutes pass, and we finally get a tank.

We enter the instance, and as it turns out, I'm group with a warrior, two druids and a paladin. The paladin being tank.

We're doing RFC. The instance can easily be done with 5 level 15 rogues. It needs no healers, and definitely needs no tanks. And pretty much all of the lowbie instances are like this.

So my question is, why do people who have the option to join those groups as tanks only select damage dealing? Surely they realize there is absolutely no need for them to have any kind of tanking talents or gear, and that just by pressing "tank", he'd be able to instantly join the instance and none of us will have to wait this long?
#6 - Dec. 28, 2009, 5:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Because you feel confident in doing so. Not everyone does - we're all different.

It really does come down to that.

Wise words. :)

One should always respect people being different, and seeing things different ways. Some think tanking - and gaming and cooking and math and spelling - to be a piece of cake, while others don't. Respecting such differences, and not being elitist about it, is not always such a piece of cake for those who find things easy. Can't always have the whole cake, I guess.

Mmmm. Cake.