GC -- DK Tank Threat concerns

#0 - Dec. 12, 2008, 9:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As an affliction lock, I'm putting out an absurd amount of threat (4400 DPS on Patch with my current gear levels). Normally this isn't an issue except that our MT is a DK, and his TPS output falls below a warrior, feral druid, and especially paladin.

I don't question his skill. He's been our MT for almost 3 years now, on his warrior beforehand. He was a long-time DK beta tester and even had an NPC named after him for an Icecrown quest (Munch, the DK)

But according to him, his TPS output is only slightly more than what his warrior put out...at level 70.

Could you look into buffing DK's single target threat, perhaps upping the threat modifier of Rune Strike?
#99 - Dec. 15, 2008, 9:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We could definitely use some more feedback on this. We aren't seeing many threat issues on death knights overall, but that's why I am asking for more input. It could be that DKs are really gimping themelseves threat-wise in order to reach the defense cap.

It is also interesting that DKs would complain about their initial burst threat, since there are several posts in this forum from druids arguing that their initial burst threat is the weakest among the tanks.