Ghostcrawler should be fired.

#0 - Dec. 13, 2008, 1:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just want to know GC, are you failing at your job on purpose or are you really just this incompetent?

Look at all the changes across the board to classes and glyphs in this next patch, you mean to tell me you couldn't have seen these changes being needed when you thought them up in the first place? If you are that dense please do us all a favor and quit. I don't really want to go into specifics, as that will just lead to fanboys desperately trying to defend you on a point by point basis and failing leading to trolling and whatnot.

Get some better internal testers, or hire ones with better communication skills, or for that matter, do your own testing personally. If you couldn't have seen these issues beforehand and are just now needing to tone them down or "fix" them then I gotta say, I could do your job better myself. That said, I really hope there's a reason for this, like just wanting to get people hyped up during beta so they go out and actually buy the game, that's the only thing you can tell me to defend yourself for these changes, was that you were just trying to hook people into buying the game because if you didn't have the foresight to see this when you first thought about the mechanics and abilities......you really shouldn't have the job you have.

Get better testers, find more time to test things yourself, make your own person spreadsheet, have better communication with the item design team, or the game mechanic programmers, something, anything! it is unacceptable to release things the way you did in the beginning and are now having to change them so much.
#59 - Dec. 13, 2008, 9:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If anything, GC deserves a raise and a huge bonus.

(btw GC if you read this, you can foward this post to your supervisor to show them that someone thinks you deserve a raise and a bonus)

I'll just keep bumping it every day to keep it on the first page.

Seriously though, we are very happy with Lich King overall, and our research suggests that the overwhelming majority of players are too.

That doesn't mean there aren't areas we can improve. If there is something in the game that feels like a rough edge to you, I can guarantee that it drives us freaking crazy and we want to fix it. We are mercilessly harsh on our own designs.

We test things very thoroughly, but we don't pretend that the relatively small number of Blizzard employees can always outwit the millions of WoW players out there. Players are going to find creative uses of mechanics, bugs we never found, or outright exploits. It would be naive to think otherwise. I still stand behind our relatively high bar of polish, especially given the size of the game in general.

We don't ban players for disagreeing with us, provided they can do so in a relatively civil way. These forums are for intelligent discussion, not for venting, flaming or trolling.