3.03 prot Warrior bugs: Video Inside

#0 - Dec. 13, 2008, 9:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was very surprised when the new patch notes were announced and these bugs weren't on the list. So, as far as I know, the developers aren't even aware of them; which is why I"m doing what I can to try to help the repair process along by bringing them to Blizzard's attention.

Bug 1: Shockwave's range is far too short. It is somewhere between 6-7.5 yards at the moment instead of 10.

Bug 2: Glyph of charge causes charges activated at 26-30 yards to not stun the target. This is not even coming close to showing all the problems with charge; to see that, visit the thread in my signature.

Bug 3: The silence granted from Gag order on shield bash doesn't apply at the same time shield bash is used, there is often a brief .2 - 1 second delay. *EDIT: I am also hearing from other protection warriors that this does indeed also occur with heroic throw.

Here is a video that reproduces all the bugs and explains them in intimate detail.

http://files.filefront.com/prot+warrior+bugs+303wmv/;12645135;/fileinfo.html

I'll happily answer any questions anyone has about the bugs.
#54 - Dec. 23, 2008, midnight
Blizzard Post
These are known issues. I can't recall off the top of my head if we've been able to fix them for 3.0.8 or if they required technical changes.

Mostly I wanted to add that we fix several hundred bugs in patches like this. The patch notes typically only record big changes -- the kinds that might confuse players if they weren't explained. We usually only call out bug fixes if they were so common that people had really gotten used to the buggy state.