IBF Massive Incoming Nerf, Why?

#0 - Dec. 17, 2008, 9:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
How come none of you DK tanks are up in arms about the fact an ability that Warriors and Paladins have is about to be cut to shreds? Negative 150% of what it is now. Does this not concern you?

Just curious, I see no reason for the nerf, it should be tied to Defense for sure but shouldn't dip below what SW and DP currently are 50% is fine for PVE, for PVP it would also be fine with it tied to defense, the Bone Shield nerf it way too severe also, it should be reduced 25% not 50%, from 40% to 30% and let it simmer, I'm sick of these over the top nerfs, there is no surgical precision in any of this, it's pure knee jerk, fail guys, fail.

Whats your 2 cents on the issue?

Also not digging the TPS and the nerf to our one strong situational atk is not welcomed either, even for 12.5% more threat, we need threat via another means.
#18 - Dec. 18, 2008, 5:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Thus I'm confident that the nerf to druids will also affect Frost Presence. Have a nice day.

Yes, the nerf to druid affects Frost Presence. When we buffed Frost Presence, we increased it above and beyond what was needed to offset IBF and Bone Shield in order to compensate for this change.

Specifically, items with bonus armor (rings, trinkets, necklaces and sometimes capes) do not have their armor multiplied by Frost Presence. Most of your armor comes from good old plate, which never has bonus armor, and thus is always multiplied by the full amount.