GC, RE: Relics/Idols/Sigils

#0 - Dec. 18, 2008, 8:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Paladins, druids and death knights are designed around the fact that they don't have the stat allocation on a gun (or a shield in some cases) available.

We typically design Idols et al. without say Strength or Stam on them because we don't want them to just be guns with different art that you can't shoot.

If in the overall picture a class or spec is gimped compared to others who fill their same role, then that is a problem. But you can't just lift any single piece out of the whole package and scrutinize it. In those cases we almost certainly have implemented a difference on purpose. It is one of the things you have to do to justify having multiple classes.

That's wonderful, I understand we are balanced around not having stats in our ranged slot...

However, we are still using Idol of Terror. Deathknights are getting a +def proc idol (which some dislike the idea of defense on proc), yet, tanking druids still have NO other option for an idol other than our BC badge one. This is the problem.

Will we see a tanking idol added in 3.0.8?
#8 - Dec. 19, 2008, 4:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I think I said recently that we recognized that we needed to add a few more idol options for bear tanking.