Give me a reason why i should stil play druid

#0 - Dec. 25, 2008, 4:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
All of the negativity in the forums is getting to me and it seems like feral tanks are the least represented and weakest of all tanks.

I have a lvl 77 feral druid and i wanna know if i should continue leveling him with the thought of tanking 5 or 10 mans in mind.

Also, i heard that they're the hardest to heal among all the tanking classes. Is that true?
#84 - Dec. 27, 2008, 9:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We don't really apply a penalty to Feral tanks to make up for the fact that they have Rebirth. (We don't really apply a penalty to Prot warriors to make up for their shouts.)

I recently said in another thread that druids can do a lot of different things well and when doing those things they have a lot less overlap in abilities used than warriors, paladins and death knights. For that reason, we don't want to keep giving bears more and more abilities. We don't want druids to be the class with 120 abilities while every other class has 30. Rebirth is in your spellbook and probably on your bar (and you have probably even clicked it) even though it isn't a tanking tool like Demo Roar or Barkskin. Different classes do have different abilities, and we want to keep as much of that flavor as we can.

We want to have four classes that can main tank (given appropriate skill and gear). We're pretty close to that right now, but we'll have to see what things look like in the next tier of content. It's possible the gear available then or the types of encounters you experience change the playing field a little, in which case we'll have to make adjustments.