SSD? Do we have to upgrade or computers every xpac now?

#1 - Sept. 1, 2020, 8:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Not many people have a 100+GB SSD with room, why make this minimum requirement? One of this games allure was that it could be played on a wide range of systems, that has seemed to not be the case post WoD.
BFA made people purchase new rigs and cards, now an SSD to play a 16 year old game.
I know the client evolves, and requirements change, but lets be real, the bells and whistles they add is not worth the monetary cost and loss of users. The game is old its not a PS5 release. It’s a 16 year old MMO, you would think with all the changes to gameplay and loss of subs a company would try and hold onto any legacy players or anyone on a budget PC.
I’ve hardly played since the last patch, as there is nothing really to due, and I know I am not alone, throwing more money at what WoW has become isn’t really adding up.

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - Sept. 1, 2020, 8:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post

The text of the Systems Specifications for Shadowlands was updated a few minutes ago on our Support Site: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/256565

The minimum requirements section for Storage now reads:
Solid State Drive (SSD)
100GB available space
Or
Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
100GB available space (depending on the performance of the drive, player experience may be impacted on HDD)

Please note: the System Requirements for this game may change over time.