Kinda want to level entirely on pet battles

#1 - Jan. 9, 2020, 6:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post

I’m sure it’s been done, but I’m thinking about making an alt specifically to level up battle pets and I figured… why not level them up entirely through pet battle combat.

I have collected pets but not done a ton of the actual pet battle stuff so far, I’m super interested in it but I dunno how well this would work. Has anyone done any extensive pet battle action for experience, can you just repeat battles against hte various trainers in the world to ‘grind’, do you get xp for beating rando wild pets?

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - Jan. 9, 2020, 6:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post

I’ve been doing this on a couple of alts for years. In my experience, it’s best to also occasionally do some other activities that make the character stronger.

For example, when I reached the point where I wanted to move a pet battler character to Deadwind Pass, to battle Lydia Accoste and the surrounding wild Arcane Eyes every day for a few days, I got killed going into Deadwind Pass.

Which was a matter of my gear being very low level, and some of my best skills being unlearned.

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#24 - Jan. 9, 2020, 9:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post

I have never done it entirely with pet battles, but definitely hit gaps where I just focus on doing the pet battles and it can end up lasting for several levels here and there.