Sell me on pet battles

#1 - July 3, 2019, 6:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post

I know I’m not alone in this, but in all my years playing this game, I have never once done a pet battle. I’ve never ever felt any desire to do them. In mop when they added them I thought they were a joke, and since then I’ve basically just ignored that pet battles even are a thing.

That being said, more and more lately I’m feeling like I’ve somehow been missing out on some large piece of content. Mount collecting and fishing are both things that sound unappealing to me on paper, but become strangely addicting and satisfying once you start them. At least they did for me.

So anyone out there like me? Have you given them a chance and ended up hooked? Or were they pretty much exactly as you expected?

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#57 - July 3, 2019, 10:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post

I got into it for the Falcosaur mount in Legion. It is very rough initially when setting that up since you need a variety of pet types. I had to look up which ones were the best, what I had, what I could easily get, etc. Once I got through that and had 20 something at max level, I was able to do all the WQs in Legion without much of a problem and that has translated into BfA. I’m only at 30-something max level pets now but have been doing the battle in Nazjatar and Mechagon without much of a problem (having the tokens piled up helps too).

Overall once you get your group setup and leveled, it’s an easily accessible and relaxing area for some rewards that contribute to pet collecting (and some reputation).

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#63 - July 3, 2019, 10:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Me neither! I often try to use the plagued squirrel as a replacement and it usually works out… or just go with a completely different combo.