Current gearing systems are not casual friendly

#1 - Feb. 26, 2019, 9:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post

All it does it ensure that the content most casuals enjoy doing is very quickly not worth doing. LFR, Heroics, Unrated BG/Arenas for Conquest cap, Warfronts, even low level Mythic +'s, are very quickly worthless. A casual has to either move on to an alt, or try to push harder content when they may not have the time nor quality group members to do so (or just may not even want to).

I understand that Blizz probably thinks it helps casuals because they can more easily catch up and do harder content. For some people, especially more hardcores leveling alts, it’s nice. But if you have limited and/or unpredictable playtime and just want to do some fun group stuff, what are you supposed to do?

I’m beginning to feel like I don’t want to catch up to anyone. I just want them to slow down so I actually feel rewarded for doing random BGs and low M+'s again. I don’t have the time to commit to harder content like I used to, so I’d like the time I do have to be worthwhile.

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#67 - Feb. 27, 2019, 8:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Do you feel there are too many sources for rewards? I’m trying to understand exactly why you feel it is not casual friendly when you also list a bunch of areas that tend to be pretty accessible. Sure, if you are doing everything some of them might have no benefits, but often people with limited time aren’t able to do that.

With the limited and/or unpredictable playtime you mentioned, how long does it take you to clear all of those areas each week? Were you doing things like the faction assaults regularly and therefore didn’t have interest in LFR?

What content do you enjoy doing most (past or present)? Do you collect anything in particular?

Thanks for the input!

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#94 - Feb. 27, 2019, 9:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post

I don’t think that aligns with the OP’s thoughts though. You are saying you need to do everything to tread water but the OP was saying by doing everything, even casually, things are being outgeared. That isn’t treading water which I would equate to falling behind.

If you are doing casual content like WQs and Raid Finder, what are you trying to get that you aren’t getting? If you just do these two things for 3 months, what are your expectations on what gear you should have?

In your specific case, (and this is all just hypothetical and part of a discussion folks!) how long should it take to be done in a given content cycle?