Happy 14th Anniversary WoW Europe!

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Feb. 11, 2019, 5:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post

On this day, 14 years ago, World of Warcraft released in Europe! :cake:

14 years is a heck of a long time, and I’m sure many of you have some fond memories of friendships made, raids not going according to plan, epic PvP victories (or defeats), and maybe even finding a rare mount or two!

When did you start playing?

What’s your favourite memory of WoW?

Do you remember this screen?

Most of all, THANK YOU for choosing to spend your time in this world (and some short stays on other worlds) over the years! :blush:

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#84 - Feb. 12, 2019, 2:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Thanks everyone for taking the time to share some great memories!

It’d be wrong of me to ask without joining in myself - so my first experience was playing on a friends account during closed beta. My laptop at the time wasn’t good enough to run WoW, so I didn’t actually join the game until just before the Gates of Ahn’Qiraj event when I spent my entire student loan in one go on a new PC - and subsequently spent the next few months living off beans on toast! :rofl:

I think the moment I knew I’d fallen in love with this game was playing really early in the morning during my first or second week, on the flight path between Stormwind and Ironforge… just seeing the sun rising in the sky as the gryphon flew toward gates of Ironforge, snow everywhere underneath, that was just… wow…