Please put a cooldown on Swipe.

#0 - Jan. 4, 2010, 6:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Druid tanking is boring.

From reading these forums, I know there are plenty of people who agree with me. I'm not saying a cooldown on swipe is the only or even best way to fix this, but it's the first and easiest one that comes to mind.

A short cooldown (maybe 6 seconds?) on swipe would allow us to actually use other abilities on AoE pulls. As it stands, if you waste a GCD on a single target ability during an AoE pull with AoEing DPSers, you're probably going to lose threat. Spamming nothing but swipe for an entire instance except boss fights gets more than a little monotonous.

Add a cooldown, ramp up threat and/or damage, and allow us to actually use our still limited arsenal of other skills to hold threat on AoE pulls.

The bottom line is this: Please make druid tanking more engaging and fun, SOMEHOW. If not now, then in the expansion.
#26 - Jan. 5, 2010, 12:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Bears could probably use another ability to make things more interesting. Part of the problem is that the cat rotation is very complex and the bear one is pretty simple, yet we know most players who play one end up playing the other at least occasionally, so it can be somewhat beneficial to have one be a bit easier.
#48 - Jan. 5, 2010, 6:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

imo, the 'complexity' (relative) of our melee DPS only makes the simplicity of our tanking role worse.
you go and raise our expectations with one role, then dash them all over the rocks below with the other.

Thankfully there's more to tanking than jsut the autopilot threat generation my left hand takes care of for me while I pay attention to more interesting things, but it doesn't make much sense to me that our Cat form abilities should have any bearing at all on the complexity of our Bear form. They're two reasonably seperate roles (outside of PvP?)

The comment I made was more about how the current situation is and not really a long term goal. We do want to make bear tanking more interesting than just swipe. I am not sure just how complex we will be able to make it, but we'll see.