Hotfixes for Creatures in Island Expeditions

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Jan. 11, 2019, 2:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post

I just wanted to draw attention to the latest hotfixes update:

• Developers’ notes: Following up on recent community feedback that we requested, a number of quality-of-life concerns led us to changes that we intend to address many frustrating combat experiences with certain Island ecologies.
  • Azerite-themed enemies
    • Enemies now prefer not to use Resonant Burst, Resonant Shield, and Volatile Geyser when a nearby enemy has recently used the ability.
    • Reduced the number of Resonant Focus orbs created per cast of Resonant Burst to 2 orbs (was 4).
    • Removed the Knockback component of Resonant Backlash (triggered from Resonant Shield) on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
    • Reduced the Knockback magnitude of Resonant Focus orbs on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
    • Volatile Eruption’s disorient effect (triggered from Volatile Geyser) has been reduced to 1 second on Normal and Heroic difficulties, and reduced to 2 seconds on Mythic difficulty (was 3 seconds).
  • Kvaldir enemies
    • Greatly reduced the magnitude of the two visibility-impacting effects (Fetid Mist, Eerie Fog) triggered from the Kvaldir invasion.
  • Musken and Yak enemies
    • Removed the knockback effect from Ram.
    • Trample damage reduced by about 50% and is now melee defense.

I thank you for your feedback and please let us know how these changes feel after you get a chance to experience them. If you are continuing to have particular issues, please be as specific as possible about the creature, abilities, and difficulty level that is causing the trouble.

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#20 - Jan. 11, 2019, 4:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post

These hotfixes are already done and I wanted to make sure people were aware of changes that have happened as we have seen complaints about not being notified when things occur.

We are still going over things so more changes could happen. One thing to note is that we saw the feedback about the rewards but we have seen a number of people continue to run Island Expeditions on normal difficulty, which means fewer rewards than heroic or mythic, so we have to sort through things to get to the bottom of it.

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#21 - Jan. 11, 2019, 4:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post

What difficulty do you usually run?