It took almost 4 months for Blizzard to explain Island Expeditions

#1 - Dec. 3, 2018, 3:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Almost 4 months after release Blizzard finally explains how the Island Expedition rewards system actually works and it comes in a post about how it’s changing because of confusion among players.

How are they this oblivious? You know what could have prevented that confusion and not made you change how rewards work? Actually communicating to your playerbase on how a major expansion feature works.

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#37 - Dec. 3, 2018, 8:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post

There can be some fun when things are a bit more mysterious but we agree that we didn’t hit that mark exactly and so we are making some changes. As much as we’d like to be able to solve problems right away, sometimes we need to review what people are saying, compare to how they are playing, and from there we can make more informed decisions on changes.

Obviously we hope it feels like an improvement, especially for the collectors out there but as usual, we will then see how these play out and go from there. We do appreciate the feedback!

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#81 - Dec. 3, 2018, 11:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post

We can do better at communicating and are actively discussing that topic, but I wouldn’t expect us to lay out heavy details on every single system. There is fun in exploring and learning different aspects of the game and we don’t want to make the whole experience a spreadsheet. We missed the mark here and are making changes, simple as that.

I appreciate your understanding! I agree with you and in how it didn’t pan out how we’d hoped which is why we are making some changes.