No Sub = No forums

#1 - Nov. 26, 2018, 7:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post

(Before I start I want to give a little disclaimer: yes this guy is level 55 HOWEVER I do have a 120 and have been playing wow for sometime. I just know some people will not agree with what I say and I want to make sure my main or my guild will not be trolled by these people as this has happened in the past)

I have been watching the forums for sometime and I have seen people who claimed they been unsubed for sometime coming back on the forums to complain about a game they are no longer a part of. I for one thinks this makes no sense. It is the equivalent complaining to a coach on how a team is being run when you not been involved with that team for a least a month. I have nothing wrong with people who are actually PLAYING the game critiquing it but if you been unsubbed you do not know first hand about the recent changes to the game (and even if you do they don’t affect you in any way) and such you have no right to complain about them.

What is WORSE however when people who have left the game come on the forums to try to coerce other players to leave as well. If people do not like the game they should be ALLOWED to make that decision for themselves without being swayed by people who are even not apart of that game anymore. If you want to leave be my guest but don’t try to get other people to leave as well.

As such I think that Blizzard should make it that if you cannot play WoW due to unsubbing (or have not been able to play due to being unsubbed for a period of time) You should not be allowed to post on the forums.

Edit: I mean due to unsubbing I mean they are unsubbed and don’t have any game time left.

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#7 - Nov. 26, 2018, 7:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post

The only forums for WoW you should be able post on without a sub is the Classic forum and the Support forum.

You actually need a subscription to post on any other WoW category. This case has not changed from the old forums and isn’t something we’re wanting to change.

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Nov. 26, 2018, 7:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Yakkity yak please come back

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#17 - Nov. 26, 2018, 7:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Probably won’t be able to soon hahaha

Thanks for letting us know something fishy might still be up, we’re looking into it to get that fixed. <3