Guys calm down!

#1 - Nov. 2, 2018, 10:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Its a demo. A lot of the stuff is clutter left over from the legion client.

The phasing can be explained by the sheer number of players trying to play the demo. Its smart. There are only so many servers. Hopefully it will be gone in the actual game.

The increased regen could be because they want us to be able to play within the time limit. If we had to spend so much time eating we wouldn't get anything done in the time limit. I wish it wasn't there to make it more accurate but it could also be left over and not taken out yet.

As far as how fast we are killing things? Did you notice your level compared to the mobs we were killing? We out leveled the content. In Classic when you get to westfall you won't be 15. You will have those quests well before 15. You won't be killing a group of 4 on a rogue like I was. (Evasion ftw).

It's a demo guys. This is NOT a finished product. We still have the Classic Panel and the WoW Q&A. I'm sure some people will ask questions about it. I do wish they had said something about it rather than let us panic. Give it time.

Don't abandon ship until the game comes out. Don't listen or even give the trolls here attention. It just encourages them.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - Nov. 2, 2018, 10:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As you've noticed, the Classic Demo does have realm sharding. This is to let as many people as possible experience it without technical issues such as server capacity or spawn density getting in the way.

Longer term, we know how crucial it is to the Classic experience for you to see your friends when you walk into Stormwind or when you’re helping them on a quest you’ve already completed. And there should only ever be one Kazzak on a realm, no matter how many people are waiting for him to spawn.

We’re still looking at how we can best deliver an authentic Classic experience at launch, and in the weeks and months that follow - both in terms of gameplay and community. You won’t see phasing (which is tied to specific quests that don't exist in Classic) or cross-realm zones (which combine multiple realms together) in Classic. However, realm sharding is one of the best tools we have to keep realms stable when hundreds of players are swarming the same initial few zones and killing the same few mobs (like they will be at the launch of Classic). To that end, we do believe that some form of sharding may be helpful, especially in those early days. But we recognize that a cohesive world is critical to WoW Classic and are committed to bringing that to you.