Why do people want to play Classic?

#1 - Sept. 27, 2018, 8:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Granted, I didn't make it to lvl 60 before TBC was released, but there are so many things in vanilla (and heck even TBC) that would be considered needlessly tedious by today's standards. I remember having to buy vanishing powder and blinding powder. I remember poison charges. I remember buying arrows to put on my quiver. I remember soul shards filling up my bags. I remember having no buttons to push other than judgement and refreshing my seal. I remember most hybrid classes had only 1 viable spec. I remember having to walk everywhere until lvl 40 where I got a mount at 60% speed. These are just some of the things that come immediately to mind, I'm sure yall can think of more.

Edit: god I just remembered that quest in stranglethorn where you're supposed to collect troll necklaces and their drop rate was so low I wondered if I was killing the right ones.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#197 - Sept. 27, 2018, 6:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While I appreciate and love the spark of discussion related to Classic, I want to remind everyone that Classic has its own forum. So please remember to have those discussions here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814264/

Moving this over to that forum now along with the rest of these new threads that have popped up. :)