ELI5 "Earn X Exalted Reputations" account wide?

#1 - Sept. 18, 2018, 8 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Does this mean for example I'm halfway through honored with 7th legion on this toon. If I get on another alt and level through the 3 zones doing the questline that also give 7th legion rep that will count towards rep on this toon as well and I should be revered? Or vice versa all my alts should be halfway honored when they enter bfa?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Sept. 18, 2018, 8:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/18/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Dårk
Does this mean for example I'm halfway through honored with 7th legion on this toon. If I get on another alt and level through the 3 zones doing the questline that also give 7th legion rep that will count towards rep on this toon as well and I should be revered? Or vice versa all my alts should be halfway honored when they enter bfa?

Rep gain won't be account wide, however progress towards the achievement will.

Say for example I have Character A that I haven't touched since Wrath, that has all of the previous reps exalted (not using exact numbers here just making an example). Let's say we have 20 reputations at exalted on this character that are unique.

Now I play Character B that I haven't touched those reps with, because I just don't want to grind them again. Let's say this character has 40 unique reputations that Character A doesn't have at exalted. Since its the highest progressed character the achievement only looks at this character. Meaning that I just have 40 reps as far as the achievement is concerned.

Now once I've logged into both of those characters when this change is added into the game, I will then receive credit towards the achievement tracker and I would now show as having 60 reputations on that achievement. So I effectively don't have to go back and get those reps again, unless I want to make my Rep window look pretty.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#13 - Sept. 18, 2018, 8:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/18/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Farora
Any word on how it will treat faction exclusive reps?

They will uniquely act as a singular rep to avoid double credit, similar with how mounts are tracked.

So if you have exalted 7th Legion on your Alliance character, and exalted with Honorbound on your Horde. Then your account only has credit for 1 of those 2 reps in the achievement tracker. Account wise they're the same rep.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#106 - Sept. 19, 2018, 12:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/18/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Worgon

Do you have any info on how Reps that you have to pick 1 of two will count? like oracles/frenzyheart and scryers/aldor? if I have 2 characters 1 with each does it count as 2 or do only 1 of the reps count.

It should count as 1. The intention is not to nerf the achievement or raise the number of reps you can have exalted at once, just to make it ease the burdens of alts/character-switching.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#174 - Sept. 19, 2018, 4:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/18/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Noidd
Does that apply to meta achievements like the Conqueror title? Can I get exalted on one character for Defilers and then Frostwolf and Warsong on another character? Or do all 3 still have to be earned on a single character.

For titles like Conqueror and Justicar you will still need to have one character with all three at exalted as its still considered an individual character achievement. Those individual achievements aren't considered "account wide". This of course could change in the future but nothing is changing regarding those achievements.

09/18/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Urukendo
Does this mean that all the 79 exalted reps I have on my priest, which I stopped playing in Legion, will combine with the 11 exalted Legion reps I gained on this warrior, that I started playing in Legion, and grant me the 80 exalted reps?

As long as they aren't the same rep, or are any of the exclusive reps (Aldor/Scryers, Frenzyheart/Oracles, etc.) that you already have one counterpart of then yes! I'd recommend listing out the 11 and comparing them to you bigger list to see if any crossover and then you can have your new total when this change makes it to the live game.

09/18/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Petals
Can you clarify one more thing?

I have 99 reps exalted on my alliance toon.

Can I get 1 more using my horde toon to exalt one of the BFA factions? Like the Zandalari? And with this patch = 100?

As long as your Alliance character isn't exalted with Storm's Wake, which is the Alliance version of Talanji's Expedition. Then yes! You would hit 100 under this new system.