Uldir NORMAL feels too hard for Pugs

#1 - Sept. 5, 2018, 12:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I mean...Zul was a total nightmare. Mythrax is a question mark. Every fight in there just feels really hard. When we won, we BARELY won...every time. I can't even imagine Ghuun. These are supposed to be tuned for 340 ilvl people. But it honestly just feels like heroic in difficulty. For a first raid, it's just too hard for normal. I realize difficulty is good, etc. But keep in mind that an average 340 pug with zero consumables should be able to clear normal with maybe 1 or 2 wipes per boss. That's not what is happening here. These bosses seem to be tuned at that level of difficulty if you are 355 ilvl. It's just way off. Did anyone else feel this way about their normal pug runs? (If you ran it with your guild and cleared everything, and want to brag, I don't care. I am talking about pugs clearing NORMAL mode.)

There are just so many pass fail mechanics. It really seems like they will kill pugs this expansion.

Edit: @all condescending elitist wannabe toilet bowl people: please read the bolded text above, kthx.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#367 - Sept. 5, 2018, 4:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Normal was fairly easily, I think the jump of difficulty when you get to Zul might be a little too harsh if anything but I wouldn't say they're too hard at all.

My entire raid on average is about 343 ish (I'm at 346), and the first three bosses we could almost ignore abilities. In fact we pulled Fetid Devourer and actually thought it was a mini boss and didn't realize we were fighting the actual boss until it was already at 50%.

The first three are going to be fairly easy to pug, but once you get to Zek'voz people will need to actually know what's going on. Zul, Mythrax, and G'huun might be a little difficult for a while considering pugs typically lack the coordination that is required there. You'll see pugs start to get it though once people have seen the fights more, its still the first week so this is pretty normal.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#391 - Sept. 5, 2018, 5:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/05/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Iyasra
Stop sitting on the fence and form an opinion you are saying its easy but its also hard?

I did, I said I think the first three are fine but the difficulty ramp of Zek'voz and Zul feels a little off for normal in comparison to the first three.

No idea what if any changes are in the works for the raid at this point in time but I'm just sharing what my experience last night was with it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#407 - Sept. 5, 2018, 5:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/05/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Jasher
09/05/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Ythisens
we pulled Fetid Devourer and actually thought it was a mini boss and didn't realize we were fighting the actual boss until it was already at 50%.

You are a community manager for Blizzard and you didn't know it was a boss until it was 50%? How disconnected are you from the game?

My guild is very much not a Normal difficulty raiding group, we're definitely more Mythic focused, so normal isn't a challenge and instead we goof off in it, finding ways to kill each other, messing around with each other in voice chat, etc. It's pretty easy to be doing that and not paying attention to what you're pulling.

09/05/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Azemane
N-no one's going to point out Yth's accidental "it's still the first week so that seems pretty normal" pun?

I can't believe it too more than a page for someone to catch that, GD is getting slower :P