Getting Banned for 48h over using a Meme

#1 - Aug. 1, 2018, 7:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's been 10 years I've been actively playing on this account never used forum or never got a ban.But this time this thing drove me crazy.I have used a meme in a bg and got a 48 hours silence ban which is confirmed by a GM because it's ''inappropriate'' to some people.So anything inappropriate to ''anyone'' is a ban reason now?Is that mean people can get banned for i.e telling tactics in a bg and then someone gets offended by ''you can't tell me what to do i am offended'' and reports you and you get banned.Is that how it works now?
I got the screenshot of conversation with GM and about the meme i won't post it here since it's extremely abusive and ban reason apparently(it's the one with the slot whispering a girl's ear)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - Aug. 2, 2018, 7:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
When it's a meme that makes jokes about extreme sexual and physical violence, then yes, you are going to be actioned in line with of our Code of Conduct. Just because it's a meme (and a pretty obscure one at that) doesn't mean it is suddenly immune to being held accountable under the Code of Conduct.