World PvP Scaling.

#1 - June 8, 2018, 11:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Guess you had to ruin wpvp as well? Not only do max levels enter template mode but also low levels, which get more stats than a max to make up for less talents?
Explain to me why a level 60 is supposed to 1shot a 110. Or even have the chance to win such a fight?

This is by far the worst change I've ever seen. We got this kind of !@#$e scaling in other games such as GW2 and SWTOR and they are dead games for a reason.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#28 - June 19, 2018, 9:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We're still ironing out some bugs with PvP scaling in Warmode. It's not intentional that a level 60 character deals more damage than a level 120 character, for example.

It would be helpful to hear scenarios in which you feel the scaling system is functioning oddly (i.e. lower levels doing more damage than max levels, certain spells doing more damage than they should, items etc.)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#35 - July 6, 2018, 10:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So the goal with "scaling" in PvP is merely to reduce the power gap between players where appropriate. In PvE, this is not a big deal. Theoretically if you gain 200% player power from the first tier of an expansion to the last in PvE, none of the creatures are going to complain. But if you have just leveled up (or are in the process of leveling in a zone with max level players), the power difference may not "feel fair."

The point of the scaling changes is not to make it so levels or gear don't matter. A player who is higher level than you and/or has a higher iLevel than you are going to have an advantage.

We were experimenting with using the system to also work between much larger level gaps (i.e. a level 60 player vs a level 120 player), but have decided to only utilize it for players at level 110 to 120 for now.

Thanks for your feedback and testing on this feature, it's helped out a ton!