How do I become an overall better WoW player?

#1 - May 31, 2018, 2:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
im a 19 year old female who has literally been playing since 2011. I have never gotten a character to 110, and only ever level hunters, because its easiest for me and was what i played when I was young. I really want to expand my overall knowledge on the game and really make it a hobby, one im killer at!!
My goal is to have one 110 char in every class.
Its sad, I dont even know most vocabulary, quality gear, and PvP still to this day? I STILL feel like a noob.
I just really need to expand my overall knowledge of the game but i dont know how other than just to try new chars and try to level them? i dont know i just would like some tips to become more experienced and be a better quality player. Thanks in advance! :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#44 - May 31, 2018, 8:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Glad to see GD being helpful!

OP there is some great advice in here and you're already setting yourself up for a better result just by saying you want to get better and recognizing some of your areas you feel you need to improve on.

Before I was a Ret lad most of my raiding experience was as a Holy Paladin. I wanted to get better so I looked at what other players were doing to learn how to better myself. I would read theorycrafting forums and study fights and how to maximize every cast with the timings of abilities and positioning throughout encounters. For me I studied Diamondtear (imo still one of the best Holy Paladins to play the game) I would watch every Paragon kill video to try to understand why DIamondtear would make the decisions they did in those instances. These are just a few of the things I did at least.

Becoming a better player is a mixture of just studying what others do, practicing it, and straight asking people how they do things or why they do things. You can figure most things out on your own but if someone else has it figured it out it never hurts to ask. Most players are generally pretty happy to explain when you tell them you want to know how they got gud.

There are tons of player guides out there you should definitely check out. Follow some of this advice here in this thread :)