Key of Kalyndras

#1 - May 17, 2018, 7:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I started the Goblin Archaeology quest in Legion. Did the first one with exploding rocks and several fights. The second one gives me a chest that contains a 'Key of Kalyndras'.
Is this key only usable in the Black Rock Hold dungeon? If it is, that's OK, I'll just ignore it - dungeons and raids are my least favourite parts of WoW (not including cosmetic stuff and pets).
I ask because you only get 9 days to complete one of the archaeology quest lines in Legion and it's been more than 48hrs and I'm not seeing anything else that would class as a follow on from the second task.

As the key is soulbound I can't even pass it on to someone that would use it...
Forum Avatar
Forum Engagement
#2 - May 18, 2018, 2:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey there Triffik,

Your topic reminded me that I still have my own Key of Kalyndras sitting in my inventory. I never got around to using it, but it looks indeed like that item will unlock a secret room inside the Blackrook Hold dungeon.

Unless others chime in here, you may also be able to find some more info via wowhead.com though.

What I can say is that that item (or rather the chest you received) is the end of this cycle's Archeology quest. There are no more followups for this reset. :)

Good luck with the digging!