Forum Policy and Suicide.

#1 - May 17, 2018, 12:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Good morning everyone,

Last night I am unsure how many people were aware, but there was a topic that reached 5~ pages before I hope the poster was able to contact someone via Discord or through Battle.net and receive some sort of help. (I offered like many others, but was unable to reach out to said person). Others posts numbers to call and chatrooms for this individual to seek help.

According to current Code of Conduct this would be classified under real-life threats. And I reported the post and every post by the user as such. However the CoC states the following:

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

Refer to violence in any capacity that is not directly related to the game world
If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be temporarily banned from the forums
Be given a final warning, after which any further Code of Conduct violations may result in a permanent ban from the forums

What is the proper response we forum users can take to assist in these situations? If the poster is reported so many times, will their posting privileges be revoked automatically? If that is the case, then they lose contact with us and may not have anyone else to turn to.

Can someone please guide me through the correct response to these type of events?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#25 - May 17, 2018, 7:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This isn't really the place for this kind of discussion but I'm going to leave it up this time. I appreciate the concern and we do have policies in place internally that Forum Moderators and Game Masters know what to do when this unfortunately does come up. They're trained very extensively on what to do while escalating it properly and we involve the authorities if need be.

I've been on one of those phone calls before, its not fun, but it's a relief to know that we go to the extent we do to ensure that someone is okay when that does happen.

For those curious the poster from last night was okay.