Why are ticket times to ludicrously long?

#1 - April 16, 2018, 3:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The playerbase is so much smaller than it used to be, right? Has blizzard just not been hiring any GMs?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#20 - April 16, 2018, 6:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Queue times are unfortunately something that is impacted by how many players are creating and submitting tickets. However GMs work pretty hard and can crush out the "queue" very efficiently.

You have to look at CS holistically and realize they support every game we have. Game Masters don't work on just one game. There are no "WoW only GMs". So other games can impact what you perceive to be "WoW's ticket times". Overwatch just had a new event launch and Hearthstone just launched a new expansion. Right now ticket times are elevated because of things like this. Give it like a week and queue times will be back to normal (for context right now if you have a low priority ticket its still estimated for less than a 24 hour wait).

Less than 24 hours. I remember when tickets could take up to a week. When maintenance could take more than a day. There's a reason why some guilds still don't raid on Tuesday historically. The queue time given the launches of the past week or so is very good. Our CS teams are doing a pretty smashing job right now.

04/16/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Sorelai
They have actually performed several layoffs in the support department over the last couple of years.

They actually haven't. The last time that happened was 6 years ago. A lot of GM's were actually hired back either as GM's again or into other departments.

04/16/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Sorelai
I would suspect most of that was due to lower numbers in World of Warcraft and other games needing fewer support people.

WoW generates like 80% of GM tickets. All of our other games pretty much only need support in the way of accounts, or payments mainly. Majority of what GM's handle is purely WoW because its an MMO.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#25 - April 16, 2018, 7:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/16/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Ishikowa
is RPing a requirement?

Totally optional but encouraged! Not necessarily RP itself but rather finding your voice as a Game Master.

When you're being trained something they tell you from Day 1 is "finding your voice" to try and establish an identity with who you are as a Game Master. It can happen instantly or it can take you a bit, for me it took a month or two once I was finally on the GM floor. You can actually still find some of my tickets from when I was a Game Master! You'll see that I totally role-played the majority of my tickets.

There's actually a Game Master who roleplays players as "Little Blizzamaniacs" in a full on Hulk Hogan style. They're some of the best tickets ever to read if you can find them posted anywhere.