Random MVP Question

#1 - April 2, 2018, 6:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, so the new sticky thread had a random question pop into my head...

Can MVPs post on other characters or are they kind of tied to their specific MVP 'avatar'? Additionally, if they swap between their avatars, does the MVP title travel across them?

Just never thought about it before haha.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#4 - April 2, 2018, 6:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We ask the MVPs to keep to one character for "identity" purposes, but we realize things happen from time-to-time.

As Crepe said, its account wide and there's a history of, er... things... happening that make characters disappear.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#29 - April 2, 2018, 10:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/02/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Mirasol
04/02/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Zendiva
so to me it sounds like folks who do more than just play wow and converse on these forums... above average people*

Some are, but some like me are generalists. I don't have website, stream, blog, discord, or participate in any high end stuff. I am a retired raider doing the casual thing. I play still and hang around forums, like an average person.

Now, that said, I am pretty sure all those selected have been playing quite a long time.
Yeah! I don't think we chose anyone who hasn't been playing for at least ten years (not by choice, just came out that way!).

We do have a group of generalists in the team, including the old MVPs who have carried over, Mirasol and Xanlorash are commonly seen in GD. We didn't aim to pick people who were active in GD, but instead we wanted to take people who have experience with the game itself, people who will be able to help players around the community.

It's been a very long time since this program was created, and our community no longer exists just on these forums. We obviously care about this community, but we now have awesome fansites, and a huge community across Discord that both have to be supported as well.

I think you'll be happy to see the skill-sets that we've taken on as they build up a bit more posting cadence around here! :)