What does restricting transmog accomplish?

#1 - Nov. 22, 2017, 11:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Shameless copy from US forums, but lets see where we can take this..

So the Warcraft devs have come out and declared that these Bronze glasses are only allowed during the anniversary event...

Why are there so many transmog restrictions in this game? What is actually accomplished by limiting every single thing they can?

They want to limit these artifact weapons to the specs they came from; they don't allow some appearances to be transmogged at all; I have to be a certain level to wear outfits I already obtained... And don't get me started on this holiday BS.

Let up on these! Give us more freedom to customize our characters. Character customization is the biggest flaw with this game, and you guys go out of your way to limit the only form of decent customization you do have. It's stupid. There is no "fantasy" accomplished. It all seems arbitrary.

US Thread:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759586615

I think the way forward is to unlock as much xmog as possible, who wants to look like everyone else?
If the argument is "but this is rare, i got it back in..." as an example, Blizzard shafted many of us by giving out the shadoweave mask recipe with the lucid riddle. So its clear that blizzard doesn't really care/consider what we have that's rare.

ps: thanks for removing one of my 2 recipes not in game anymore :'(

Let us xmog cross gear types as well, or at least let us xmog weapons outside of 1h vs 2h. Reading the warrior forums on US/EU its clear that "we" want to be able to xmog out of titangrib.

I could go on with examples, what is your take on the matter?
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#89 - March 26, 2018, 12:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Sacerrimus,

please do not pull up old threads from the forum history. If you want to give feedback for the Transmogrify rules you are welcome to do so by using the in game suggestion system. Since this thread is pretty old we will close it down now.

Best Regards

Your Forum Team