An 'offensive language' (forum) report option is needed.

#1 - March 12, 2018, 10:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Is the command of English of many posters so low, that they only know offensive words or phrases that are against the forum tos ?

More and more in threads I see (and report btw) posters who simply cannot, or refuse to, post or reply to others in a 'decent' manner. Out come the masked swear words, some not even masked, 18+ (at least on a forum) phrases etc etc.

On a forum with a game that is (primarily) aimed towards a, shall we say, younger than adult audience, surely we should have the option in the forum 'report' function, to select, 'offensive language'. Such reports could be internally flagged as priority and dealt with as soon as possible.

Irrespective of other issues that are reported, I think it would at the very least help to keep the official forums 'clean' and a therefore pleasanter experience for all.
Forum Avatar
Forum Moderator
#176 - March 15, 2018, 11:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This thread has derailed beyond any hope of salvaging, and sadly has to be locked.

To answer one of the original concerns: there actually *is* an option to report posts containing insults/obscene language to us (please use "Other", and specify the concern in the textbox - unless it falls more accurately into one of the other categories, i.e. "Spamming" or "Trolling"), and these reports are dealt with swiftly. I'd encourage everyone to use this feature whenever needed.