2-5 second freeze

#1 - March 6, 2018, 12:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Has anyone else been getting 2-5 second screen freezes? I played last night for 4 hours no issue, this morning it has happened 4 times in t13 rifts and greater rifts. Internet connection is fine and no new software was installed.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#2 - March 6, 2018, 1:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi there SnowDog,

I have seen a few reports of this today and they were fixed by having the Blizzard app close while in game.

Closing the Blizzard app when a game is launched :
    •Open the Blizzard app
    •Click the Blizzard app Icon in the top Left of the app
    •Click Settings (Marked by a cogwheel)
    •Under General, locate “WHEN I LAUNCH A GAME
    •Use the drop down to change this to “Exit Blizzard app completely.

If this does not help, we could check for other conflicting software. We can do this with a selective startup, it will turn everything off.

Let me know if there is any change with these.

/Nathardrick
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#6 - March 6, 2018, 6:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Howdy!

Stuttering can be caused by a performance issue and some connection issues. We would want to quickly narrow this issue down so we can help troubleshoot it.

Can you all collect a little information to help us narrow down the root of this issue:

First press: CTRL+R This will display your FPS at the bottom right of the screen. Look at your FPS at the time the issue is occurring let us know how low it gets.

Second can you run a WinMTR in the background while playing to capture this issue occurring. You can copy the WinMTR information to clipboard as text, paste it back here in your reply, highlight the WinMTR contents and select the code block icon </> to make it easier for review!

Thank you!