Boosted character - gathering profession

#1 - Feb. 10, 2018, 9:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi there

So i decided to come back to wow to do the new content ( i left 12 months ago )
But as always when i come back i prefer to start with a new class to be something new

So i chose my class and boosted the character.

The character was below lvl 60 so i did not the get profession boost too.

I would like to pick up herbalism for example. But, I would like to go straight to the broken shore content instead of the old legion content.

Since herbalism gathering is tied behind quests , will i be able to pickup the quests by gathering herbs straight in the broken shore ( the newer zones...i don't remember the name exactly ) ? Or will I have to first gather all the herbs in the original zone first and finish the quest lines ?

Thank you
Forum Avatar
Forum Engagement
#2 - Feb. 11, 2018, 8:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings Kungpaw,

You can start gathering anywhere you like.

All of the gathering professions were reworked in Warlords of Draenor. So all the content from Warlords of Draenor and before will provide you with some pieces of the whole item (like broken pieces of herbs, chunks of ore, scraps of skin) that you can exchange 10 to 1 into normal version of the same resource.

In Legion it got even better. All the Legion resources can be gathered without that partial penalty. So you get the complete versions of all the materials right away even if your skill in gathering is still close to zero.

The gathering quests are of course helpful, yet they are not locking you out of the specific material source. They are also not locked out by the level of your gathering profession, so you can get the Legion profession quest while gathering before you get anywhere near the legion profession level.

Hope that you like those changes ;)