Holy vs. Disc

#0 - Jan. 5, 2010, 6:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have been holy for the last 3 1/2 years and raiding as such. Now with all the chances to Disc healing, I've been thinking of switching for raids. My question or concern is since I have been one spec for so long, and know it inside an out, how do you make the change? Disc priest are more tank heals then raid heals, but their mana pool and mana regen seems to be better then holy. Any thoughts on what I should do. I'm pretty set in my ways but would like to try something different, but don't wanna jump into it with not having any idea either.
#1 - Jan. 5, 2010, 7:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have been holy for the last 3 1/2 years and raiding as such. Now with all the chances to Disc healing, I've been thinking of switching for raids. My question or concern is since I have been one spec for so long, and know it inside an out, how do you make the change? Disc priest are more tank heals then raid heals, but their mana pool and mana regen seems to be better then holy. Any thoughts on what I should do. I'm pretty set in my ways but would like to try something different, but don't wanna jump into it with not having any idea either.

Have you done all the quests you can do? I know when I switch my spec up, I try to take some time to do some quests and get a good feel for it. Run some fives too and be up front with people that you've just changed your spec and are trying something new (or even get some friends to help you out.) Now that there is dual spec, it doesn't hurt to have Holy and Disc as long as you plan for it via gear, glyphs, spell rotations. Both specs have their times they shine, but you may find that you're much better at one than the other and that's A-OK.
#21 - Jan. 5, 2010, 8:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Could I get a res please? ;)

Back on topic though, I really would suggest keeping the Holy spec and having Dual spec for Disc so you can flip between.

Also to the comment of "a real healer", Disc are real healers. They just do it backward by preventing the damage to begin with rather than waiting to heal it up. ;) I've always had plenty to juggle spell wise as a Discipline priest as well.