This is why people don't like WoW anymore.

#1 - Dec. 17, 2017, 8:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm not even going to get into gameplay, or class mechanics because it's been said to death. But here is something i've noticed since coming back to the game 2-3 days ago that have already made me cancel my subscription again...

Things are "nerfed" that didn't need to be nerfed. I have "Haunted Memento" on 3 of my characters, a "junk" item from the pre wrath scourge invasion event nearly 10 years ago. It wasn't rare back then, but gradually became very, very rare, to the point where it was being sold for upwards of 450k on teh auction house in Mists of Pandaria, when 450k was still a reasonable amount of gold.

I have returned to see that this item, this useless item that did nothing other than give a cosmetic buff, and a little ghost following you around... Has been nerfed.

Why, seriously, why would you nerf that? It changes nobody's gameplay, nobody suffers from it, it's not overpowered. It was something that was collected.. something that people like myself hung onto for TEN GOD DAMN YEARS because it was a little bit of fun and consistency in a game that was crumbling around them. People used to come upto me and ask me what the ghost was, how to get it... I can't help but thing that these people probably moaned about not having it, and forced it to be removed.

This is what is wrong with the game. We old players, the players that were loyal for so damn long... The ones who played before homogenisation, before glorifcation of welfare, before catering to the CoD era of players and attitude... Get EVERY LITTLE THING taken from us that made us unique, and it really does just make you not want to bother.

You might say that it's only a junk item, and it is just a junk item. But realistically, it represents 10 years of holding onto that item. It represents everything that i loved about this game and everything that has been gradually taken away from me to the point where i quit the game... Only to be enticed back for what, to have it even more rammed down my throat that there is nothing unique about me anymore. It's not only my class/playstyle that's the same as everybody elses, but now everything that made my character unique, ITEMS, are useless too.

Depressing <_<
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#69 - Dec. 19, 2017, 12:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Well I think everything that can be said, has been said. Locking this here.

I'd also like to remind everyone to keep the Code of Conduct in mind.