For Lordaeron!

#1 - Oct. 25, 2017, 8:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I turn 40 this year.

When I was 29, Lordaeron--my home--fell to the scourge, and my wife and two small children perished.

For the last eleven years, my life has been one unending toil of war--of blood, and pain, and weary loss.

Horde apologists want to know why I hate the Forsaken, why I seek to destroy the last vestiges of my countrymen--men and women who, whatever else they may be, will always be the chief victims of those evil days.

The answer is because they are not my countrymen; they are monsters.

These fetid corpses of my fallen friends--empowered by foul magic and wrought for evil--are nothing like the dear ones I loved.

They have brought plague and a curse to Gilneas. They follow a banshee witch who makes dark bargains with the Queen of Hell. They feast on human flesh.

Those I love would have died--and did die--to stop such as these.

And I also will not rest until the bones and souls of my countrymen have peace at last, and the sun shines bright once more in Lordaeron the Fair.

For Lordaeron!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#83 - Oct. 27, 2017, 4:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/25/2017 01:35 PMPosted by Byrhtnoth
I turn 40 this year.

When I was 29, Lordaeron--my home--fell to the scourge, and my wife and two small children perished.

For the last eleven years, my life has been one unending toil of war--of blood, and pain, and weary loss.

Horde apologists want to know why I hate the Forsaken, why I seek to destroy the last vestiges of my countrymen--men and women who, whatever else they may be, will always be the chief victims of those evil days.

The answer is because they are not my countrymen; they are monsters.

These fetid corpses of my fallen friends--empowered by foul magic and wrought for evil--are nothing like the dear ones I loved.

They have brought plague and a curse to Gilneas. They follow a banshee witch who makes dark bargains with the Queen of Hell. They feast on human flesh.

Those I love would have died--and did die--to stop such as these.

And I also will not rest until the bones and souls of my countrymen have peace at last, and the sun shines bright once more in Lordaeron the Fair.

For Lordaeron!
OOC I'm not so sure I'm down with all this hate and such, but when I applied to Blizzard my cover letter ended with "For Lordaeron!", so I guess we have some kind of connection?