Will we keep artifact looks?

#1 - Oct. 10, 2017, 9:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Im thinking of focusing to get the gorillabear look for my druid but i dont want it gone the next expansion. Anyone know if Blizzard will put the artifact loots on forms and artifacts to the transmog table? They didnt keep the muscular cat form from WOD that i liked so im afraid:/
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Oct. 10, 2017, 9:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I just posted this in another thread, but I'll mention it again here:

Any artifact appearances you've unlocked (including Druid forms) will be available as transmogrification options after Legion. I'm not privy to the specifics on how it will work regarding Druid forms, but the developers are keen to make sure you can still use those forms after Legion.

You'll also still be able to acquire appearances you haven't earned post-Legion, with the only exceptions being the Mythic 15 Keystone Dungeon appearance, and the Mage Tower appearances. If you don't earn those before the end of Legion, you won't be able to earn them after Legion - think of them as effectively the Challenge Mode sets of Legion.

Hope this clarifies. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - Oct. 10, 2017, 4:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/10/2017 15:37Posted by Sànguiné
only to make sure: when legion ends we can use our artifact skins as transmog weapons, but only for the class? i mean i cant use thunderfury on another class am i right?

Right now I believe the current intent is that artifact weapon appearances can only be transmogged on the class the artifact was for. So to use an earlier example, Death Knight's wouldn't be able to transmog the Corrupted Ashbringer appearance from a Paladin.

I've forwarded on the other questions in this thread so if I get any more specific details I can share, I'll let you know.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#32 - Oct. 11, 2017, 9:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Morning! I've got a few updates to share. :)

Regarding the Mage Tower appearance. If you unlock your Mage Tower appearance before Legion is over, you will still be able to earn the colour variants of it post-Legion.

Likewise the colour variants of the Balance of Power appearance will still be obtainable post-Legion, with the exception of the Mythic +15 variant which needs to be obtained before Legion ends.

Prestige appearances will still be obtainable after Legion, though the exact manner in which they are earned may change.