Shadowcaster Voruun spawn times.

#1 - Sept. 20, 2017, 5:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It seems this rare compared to every other rare as an abnormal spawn time.

Could you please see if this is working as intended because myself and several other players have been camping this rare for days with no luck.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#193 - Sept. 27, 2017, 11:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the reports on this one.

We just applied a hotfix that fixes the timer so he should now respawn like any other Elite on Argus when his World Quest is up. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#221 - Sept. 28, 2017, 6:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey guys,

Just as a note here, we did correct an issue today with Shadowcaster Voruun today, and I think there was a slight misunderstanding on our part where that issue may have connected with this one.

I'm seeing the concerns about the spawning of the mob and of the World Quest itself, and it does look like it hasn't spawned in some time according to my own research, so I'll make sure we get something over to the development team ASAP and get some answers on this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime, and let's avoid calling anyone here, Blues included, "worthless" - lest you earn yourself a forum vacation.

Have a good evening all!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#224 - Sept. 28, 2017, 6:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/27/2017 11:24 PMPosted by Hifiman
09/27/2017 11:21 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey guys,

Just as a note here, we did correct an issue today with Shadowcaster Voruun today, and I think there was a slight misunderstanding on our part where that issue may have connected with this one.

I'm seeing the concerns about the spawning of the World Quest itself, and it does look like it hasn't spawned in some time according to my own research, so I'll make sure we get something over to the development team ASAP and get some answers on this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime, and let's avoid calling anyone here, Blues included, "worthless" - lest you earn yourself a forum vacation.

Have a good evening all!

I think the issue is him spawning in general, not just during a WQ.
Yeah, I have that noted - it's possible that since he isn't spawning often generally, that could also be affecting the World Quest.

We'll make sure to flag both of those and get answers on what's going on.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#258 - Sept. 28, 2017, 8:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/28/2017 01:10 PMPosted by Valarc
We believe we've found the bug with this and we're working on squashing it as soon as possible.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/913486066404941824
We were waiting on full confirmation on this hotfix before giving any information, but yes, one is very early in the works.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#265 - Sept. 28, 2017, 10:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've just pushed a hotfix live that should address Shadowcaster Voruun's disappearance.

I'm trying to get a bit of information on if this means he will appear immediately or not, and what the typical case for finding him will be, so bear with me on that note!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#267 - Sept. 28, 2017, 10:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/28/2017 03:57 PMPosted by Barga
09/28/2017 03:54 PMPosted by Ornyx
We've just pushed a hotfix live that should address Shadowcaster Voruun's disappearance.

I'm trying to get a bit of information on if this means he will appear immediately or not, and what the typical case for finding him will be, so bear with me on that note!

Thanks again, hopefully sometime today *Fingers crossed*

#FreeVoruun
Have you checked to see if he's there? From my understanding he should now spawn and behave like all other Argus rares.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#270 - Sept. 28, 2017, 10:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/28/2017 03:59 PMPosted by Prôdîgy
09/28/2017 03:58 PMPosted by Ornyx
...Have you checked to see if he's there? From my understanding he should now spawn and behave like all other Argus rares.

camping the spot right now, not yet
Thanks for the updates - keep me in the loop so I can forward it along. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#299 - Sept. 29, 2017, 12:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just as an FYI, we've passed this along - waiting to hear back on what's going on with this.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#328 - Sept. 29, 2017, 3:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey all,

I have some answers on this now - Shadowcaster Voruun will spawn like all other Argus rares - i.e. he has a chance of being a daily World Quest, and he can also spawn as a rare every time the Argus rares cycle (every four hours).

What we resolved with Voruun was an issue that was preventing him from spawning in general, and, now that that is resolved, he will definitely be making appearances in the future. Just to stress this - while he may not be up immediately, he should now be spawning much, much more often going forward.

Thanks for all of your patience while we got this sorted out today!